Thursday, May 21, 2009

Catching up!!!

So I told you all that I'm not great at updating our blog...I think it's because I feel like I'm obligated to add a picture which would require me hunting down our camera (which is usually in the car), uploading onto our computer...blah blah blah. So...just going to try to give an update and if I've got some time, add some new pics!!

As most of you all know, Ashton had "tethered cord" surgery on Monday...basically his Neurosurgeon went in and scraped off all of the old scar tissue that had been attached to his spine. He said that the surgery went as well as he could expect so now we are just waiting to see if it will give Ashton a little more mobility in his left leg that is really tight. The Dr also suggested we ask or Ortho if he will inject botox into his leg/hamstring and see if that helps. Only problem is is that our Ortho dr is so "old school" and hates to try new things...he is definitely one of those docs that is not open to any new ideas and his way is the only way! We have a Spina Bifida clinic appt next month so I will ask him then!

Ashton is doing great considering the huge incision he has on his back. He was back to his normal self within hours of his surgery and we were so proud of how great he did! It is amazing to Phil and I to see that after all he has gone through he never seems to complain and is so resilient!! He truly is such a strong little fighter and we love him so much for that!!!

As for Parker (who is crying for my attention right now as I quickly type this!!) he is exactly 5 weeks today!! He is such a good baby...who LOVES to eat and is getting bigger every day! I can't believe how quickly 5 weeks have flown by and how much he has changed in those few weeks!!

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who helped us out while we went on our mini vacation last weekend (for our anniversary) and also while Ashton was in the hospital this week!!! It was really nice being able to focus my attention on Ashton in the hospital knowing that Parker was in good hands!!

No comments:

Post a Comment